Monday, February 06, 2006

2.5.06 / NHRA Chassisworks ET Racing Series - RESULTS

Yesterday was a beautiful day, I really could not have asked for more. The sun was shining and the track was hooking up!

Once again, I ran my best track mph and I got back into the 10's (momentarily). It was my first run of the day and as usual it was my best. I ran a 10.84 @ 133.56mph with a .321 reaction (which is not great, but gradually getting better) and a 2.050 60' time. Ok, so the reaction and 60' times were sorta crappy, but the ET and MPH were rockin' (in my opinion)!

Unfortunately, my competitive spirit got the best of me and my times went down hill from there. I hit the rev limiter more times then I care to mention and missed shifts. By the end of the day, I had ended with a wopping 12.28 ET @ 125.63mph - aaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh! Total crap!

I drew a guy who is on his mark every time. Since I'm still learning the ET/Bracket racing do's and don't's, he totally played me on the track. My husband said "if he comes flying by you stay in it, if you get to the end and see him behind you - chop it"... So the whole time I'm up for my run, his comment is looping through my head. The light turns and I take off (my opponent is much quicker then me, so I get to go first). It's going well, I'm feeling pretty good and then I see him fly by me (remembering what my husband said I stayed in it, but then... the guy slows down and drops back). Immediately, I am confused "crap, what is he doing" so I chop it. Then he speeds up, so I get back in it... Long story, he beat me and totally played me on the track. My hubby said he was watching me from half track on and playing with the throttle. Oh well, I learned a valuable lesson that I won't soon forget.

My hubby did great and I'm so proud of him. He jokingly said "my goal today is to get farther then you" and he did. He went through to the second round and I went out first round. He got consistent 9.7's all day which was great! He had a lot of fun and felt good about his runs; that's what matters!

It was a fabulous day of racing and beautiful weather! Can't wait till the 19th!

No comments: