Monday, July 16, 2007

Back @ the Track...

After a very long absence (at least it feels like it), I've finally made my way back to the track. Only this time I'm not racing a streetbike... this time I'm taking the next step and racing a dragbike. Which is the next step in my long term goals to go ProStock. So here is a few pics of the bike that I am now jockeying (is that a word???) :) hee hee!


I'm so excited and want to take this time to give HUGE THANKS to the Palmer family for giving me the opportunity to ride. Here's me and Eddy talking about what things I need to be aware of... Also big thanks to my friend Tom for coming out to give some moral support too!

So its a tad different to go from a 636cc bike to a 1340cc bike! Some of the differences between what I have raced and what I am racing now... air shifter (what a FABULOUS invention, seriously I LOVE IT), wheelie bar, 1340cc motor, leave on the rev limiter, drop the clutch, no tach to gauge rpms... all of these things are tad different from what I'm used too (too say the least) but I'm super excited to see how far I can take it!

So here are the stats (let me preface these #'s by saying my 60' times were not so good):

1st run - 14.45 @ 105.4 mph (60' = 2.28)

2nd run - 13.44 @ 107.7 mph (60' = 2.11)

3rd & final run - 12.0 @ 119.8 mph (60' = 2.06)

Now keep in mind we opted to start out slow and I launched the bike like a streetbike. I feathered the clutch and attempted to find a comfortable rpm (again within reason since there is no tach). I spun the tire off the line on the second run and on had a hard time finding the air shifter button for the first two runs. On the 3rd run however, everything felt like it was coming together. I was able to find the button easier and hit most of my shift points. NOW I have to work on the reaction and 60' times. I'm not even going to list my reaction times...too embarrassing!


What a GREAT weekend! I hope to be back out there Friday and will hopefully have some more stats to post for you! The goal is to take this bike into the 8's which would me a major rush!

Keep the rubber side down (at least for awhile) and be safe out there!

No comments: