Thursday, July 19, 2007

Wednesday Drags

So in my completely bias opinion there truly is nothing that compares to drag racing... I decided to go out to Wednesday Night Drags @ Sacramento Raceway! I had not been in awhile and have heard that there has been a fairly good turnout of bikes. So I went to investigate... (ok not really I just wanted to go) :)





It was a good turnout, too bad we can't get that at our events. I need to figure something out to help promote our events and get a bigger/better bike turnout. No offense to you car people, but frankly I'm a tad more focused on the bikes... So with that said, its always interesting to go out to the track on days when the newbies come out with ego's in tow! Now let me preface this by saying, KUDOS to all for bringing it to the track vs. taking the risk on the street. However, lets follow some simple yet effective track etiquette:

  • Wait your turn
  • If your prompted to enter a lane (water box or not) - don't be scared thats what your there for...
  • DON'T begin your burnout until prompted
  • Roll your windows up (car people) - windows down eqauls drag which equals bad ET (and no one cares what your stereo sounds like!)
  • When staging, roll into the beam until you see both amber lights lite up... if you deep stage go further until only the bottom amber is lit.
  • When your light turns GREEN, you should already be gone... it don't get any greener
  • IF something goes wrong with your vehicle during your run, PLEASE pull to the outside of the lane (as far as possible)... no one else wants to wait to run because your a dumb ass.
  • Thank you!

Now on to bigger and better things... the girlz did great last night and I am always stoked to see any girl out having fun on the track (car or bike)! No offense guys but your a dime a dozen! ;) So with that said... here's Stacy on her GSXR 750. She is running in the high 10's and has knowlingly figured out what works for her off the line! I personally think she'd have a blast with an air shifter.




Here is Alicia of GoMoto, both her and her husband Ira race. His bike is currently "not feeling well"... so he did not race this night, but he was there in support! :) Good job, Ira!



What a great night of racing! I left before the end of the final run, so I am not sure who won last night (if anyone would like to volunteer that info, I'll post it)! Overall, it was a great night of good racing, great company and a beautiful weather!!!
I LOVE DRAG RACING... I think you've all heard me say that a time or two! I love anything that has to do with motorcycles (streetbikes specifically) and I am always looking for ways to promote safe riding and racing! To get people involved! There is such a stigmata about riders and it really is about educating ourselves and the public. We are not a bad group of people, in fact I've never found a tighter community of people, but that is not to say there are not those out there that abuse the very foundation we try to maintain. I love that anyone wants to ride, but please do it responsibly!

No comments: