Monday, September 17, 2007

Victory...so SWEET!

Well my friend Jason officially created a monster! Thank you! Sara got to race his truck Friday night (9-14-07) and ran the best time he’s seen on it (14.90 @ 84 mph)! ROCK ON, girl! He swore she wasn’t racing it again, but then ended the night with…”she can race tomorrow night too, if she wants”…

So as soon as Saturday morning rolled around, I hear “Mom, when are we going to the track?” I couldn’t help but chuckle as I assured her we would be going later since Grudge Fest didn’t start till 6pm anyway! She was happy with that and happily rolled over and went back to sleep! We got ready as the evening came around and got to the track around 8pm… yeah I know a little late, but we both knew she wouldn’t get a ton of passes in. Or at least that’s what I kept telling myself. Now let me give you some back ground on this… I’ve raced motorcycles for a good number of years now and have progressively gotten quicker and faster! None of which scares me or makes me feel uncomfortable. However, I have NEVER raced a car and thereby am a little nervous especially because Jason said “you have to ride with her, since I have to work the tree”… YIKES! hhhmmmm, how can I get out of this…? Bottom line is I couldn’t and I really want her to feel like she is a part of drag racing on her own, not just because mom does it. So with that said… I sucked it up and we made our first pass. She does good; still creeps to the light a little far out, but overall is learning everything well. NOW with this pass, I get to experience a few new things too.

Wow, its different then being on a bike… well duh!
Everything seems so much slower… again duh! (do you see a pattern forming here?)

So the light is a bit different and I actually got to look around and see the track go by. WOW, now that is a new concept for me. I typically see the start and finish…the rest is a quick blur! Overall, she did great and above all else had a GREAT time!

So without further adue…here are her stats from Saturday night.

.739 reaction, 2.33 60’ = 15.20 @ 91.6 mph
.677 reaction, 2.30 60’ = 14.83 @ 94.6 mph – now this pass has significance for her…

She raced a newer mustang on this pass. It was actually VERY cool to see how close it was throughout the whole 1,320 feet of track we covered. In the end, she beat the mustang. Here are his stats…yes I said HIS

.443 reaction, 2.35 60’ = 15.12 @ 93.8 mph

WooHoo! That’s my girl that just schooled you in a Dodge Truck! Can you tell I was a little excited for her!?! As was she… so much so that Sunday when we got up she said “Mom, I had a dream about racing last night…” she’s addicted! Till next time, keep the rubber side down (at least for awhile)!

Bumble Bee

No comments: