Monday, October 01, 2007

FINALLY...

I am truly a blessed individual, I have a beautiful daughter who is amazing in so many ways and a great son who is charming and cool, I have amazing friends, I have a phenomenal desire to race and I have the support of a GREAT crew, and I also have a huge passion for bikes in general and get to enjoy that more and more, recently. All these things help me to be who I am and achieve the goals we set. Thank you to all who are a part of that!

I know I always take time out to thank Eddy and family, but I really can’t express how much I love and respect them. They had faith in me to do well and that in turned fueled my desire. Eddy you’re a FANTASTIC teacher and person. You’re always patient with me and always help me to perform better. Thank you! Paula I appreciate you allowing him to come out to the track so frequently! Thank you!

This weekend ranks up there with some of the best! My daughter had an opportunity to go out of town, which left mom with a free weekend! Friday night I went out to the track for no other reason then just to go. Watched some racing and then went and hung out with a friend. It was the start to a great weekend. Saturday, Go Moto had a BBQ at there shop, which seemed to have a great turnout. NorCal Dragbike Assoc. was out there representing our crew and what we do! Thank you Alicia, for letting NorCal Dragbike come out and share in your event, it was great fun! Alicia also had a dyno guy out there, so lots of people got their bikes dyno’d. That was cool to see and hear! Several riders came by (guy and girl) to check out the event and it seemed as though there was a fair amount of store purchases happening too! Hurray! Photos to come...

Saturday night was Grudge Fest @ Sacramento Raceway and we decided to go have some fun! We’ve been having some problems with the clutch slipping, but did not get the new clutches in on time so we went with some stiffer slightly longer springs. Eddy is ALWAYS really good about telling me what the changes will do, so I know what to expect. We knew the new springs would make it hit harder off the line…but I didn’t realize how hard till we got out there. The first two passes hit really hard, we made some adjustments through the night and got it down to what I call “Manageable Chaos”. All good…

  • 11.29 @ 142.69 mph with a .270 reaction and 1.31 60’ time (shitty run, hitting super hard of the line, good 60’ time)
  • 11.12 @ 141.25 mph with a .168 reaction and 1.38 60’ time (again still hitting hard, had to get out of it, but consistently good 60’ time) Thanks Dave for your tip, it really helped me!
  • 9.35 @ 147.41 mph with a .263 reaction and a 1.38 60’ time (we made some adjustments and its manageable now. 60’ time still consistent – GREAT!)
  • 8.97 @ 149.57 mph with a .271 reaction and a 1.39 60’ time (WOOHOO! Finally my 8 second pass! We again made some minor adjustments on this pass, we were still spinning and still doing a little dance but it was an overall great run. Again, consistent 60’ time)
  • 9.09 @ 148.77 mph with a .170 reaction and a 1.30 60’ time (Best 60’ time yet, but the track just didn’t have the support we needed. This pass did a lot of dancing but ironically it was FUN, I wasn’t in the least bit intimidated or scared.)
  • 9.35 @ 147.01 mph with a .318 reaction and a 1.49 60’ time ( I was cold as was the track. Again we were doing some dancing, although this time I'm fairly sure you could have set a beat to it, but it was FUN!)

Overall, we learned A LOT and had a phenomenal night! I learned a TON more about riding and improved my skills by a good amount! I LOVE RACING and with every pass that passion grows that much deeper!

There were several people who came by to give congrats and inquire about the bike/runs, etc. Thank you, your support is overwhelming! Eddy you looked like a kid in a candy store every time someone came by to say something, I’m so glad I could do this for you/for us… so glad I could pull out that 8 second pass! Thank you again for the opportunity!

Sunday was a completely lazy day for me which rounded out a fantastic weekend in the best way! Till next time… keep the rubber side down (at least for awhile) and be safe!

BB

No comments: