Thursday, October 25, 2007

To the finals - she went!

Everytime my daughter gets out there and races, it brings me so much pride! She has found something that she enjoys, much like mom, but really for her own reasons!

She made it to the semi-finals the last two Wednesdays in a row and last night (10/24/07) she made it to the finals! WooHoo!

She ran good and had some luck thrown in there too but overall she kept the pedal down and her eyes on the prize!

She got one qualifying pass:
  • 16.01 @ 84.45 mph with a .215 reaction and 2.49 60' time

As she entered eliminations she was cool, calm, collected and ready...

  • 16.06 on a 16.00 dial-in WINNER
  • 16.16 on a 15.97 (but she got a bye run) automatic WINNER (thank goodness on that run)
  • 16.01 on a 15.97 dial-in WINNER (her opponent red-lit)
  • 16.14 on a 15.97 dial-in (hole shot win) WINNER we are on to the FINALS
  • 16.01 on a 15.97 dial-in had she cut a better light she would have walked away with the win

Overall, she got a great runner-up trophy (her first drag racing trophy at that)! I will post a pic soon! I am SUPER SUPER proud of her...it took me 2 years of racing to get a trophy! You rock princess! She ran her personal best reaction time of .033 and I believe her personal best 60' time of 2.45! WooHoo!

I love you baby, you rock!

No comments: